Monday, 18 November 2013

Credit where Credit is due

Fading Suns 3, Known Worlds Jumpmap (Revised and Corrected)
In recent days there has been something of an explosion on the Facebook Fading Suns page. This post is intended to put right any perceived wrongs.

As you may note on my first post concerning the reworking of the Fading Suns Jumpweb and I will quote if you cannot be bothered to follow the link:

The final version of the Fading Suns 3 jumpmap was designed by Simon Powell, and a brilliant job he did on it too. However this is the version I created while we were were trying to reorganise it to place Byzantium Secundus at the centre of the map and at the heart of the Known Worlds. So this is a rough of the final version.

Now I felt that that was very clear. I named Simon Powell as the creator of the final version and use the word 'I' to refer to my graphic (above) and 'we' to reference the work that Simon and I did together to plot the new positions of the worlds to make the new map work.

I am sorry if I some how implied that Simon had no part in this work. As I read it, we (Simon and I) created the map positions together as a joint work and for which we both share credit. But that I am responsible for the graphic above which is based on said work, as is his 'final' version that was supposed to be used in the FS3 publication.

I don't think that I have said anything misleading, but in case I have, I trust that this statement sets the record, and Simon's part in this straight.